|Location||Landover,MD*||*Position is based out of Landover, MD|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
Join an innovative and thoughtful company who has been providing EMS services since 2005! Procare is the first and only private EMS company in the State of Maryland to be approved by MIEMSS to provide mobile integrated healthcare home responses since April, 2020, giving our clinicians an opportunity to care for our patients in the comfort of their own homes and helping to reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and readmissions! We are making a difference here at Procare! Procare Ambulance is seeking safe, professional, skilled, kind and caring Paramedics to service alongside a cohesive family of everyday heroes. Through our Work/Life Balance program we provide our employees with flexible scheduling, paid time off, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an anonymous compliance hotline, seated massage, meditation training, and a supportive working environment with a responsive management team. Procare is always updating our fleet and equipment, to provide our employees with the tools they need to succeed! Please apply and experience the Procare difference for yourself.
Responsibilities of the EMT / Paramedic:
- Ambulance daily checkoff of supplies and vehicle to ensure compliance and safety, cleaning and daily upkeep of unit
- Assistance with office when requested/complying with cleaning duties given
- Working as a team and sometimes with RNs and Critical Care Paramedics to complete all transport requests safely and timely
- Complying at all times with Uniform Policy and always looking and acting professional
- EVOC certification or its equivalent for drivers of ALS units
- Ability to work overtime when needed and ability to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Knowledge of road safety and navigation in the areas we serve
- Ability to utilize Toughbook / E-PCR program to write Patient Care Reports thoroughly, truthfully and accurately in accordance with the law and company policies and procedures
- Completion of all PCR's before end of shift
- Understanding of federal medical necessity for ambulance transportation guidelines
- Operating within certification level at all times
- Taking care of and responsible for all medical equipment and supplies check-in, check-out and use
- Complying with all contractual requirements of each contracted facility
- Ability to safely lift 150 lbs. and move patients of all shapes and sizes, work with many different ethnic groups, and navigate stretchers safely in unknown environments such as hospitals, facilities, nursing homes, doctor's offices and residences, including moving stretchers safely up and down ramps and over rough or uneven terrain.
Qualifications for EMT and Paramedic:
- Must be certified as a Maryland and / or District of Columbia Emergency Medical Responder, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic or will not be considered for hire. *during state of emergency requirement to be licensed in Maryland is temporarily waived
- Current Valid CPR Card, ALS Providers must have ACLS
- Providing care in an inter-facility transport environment
- Valid Driving License with few to no points on your driving record
Benefits of the Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic job:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Gym Membership Reimbursement (conditions apply)
- Monthly Seated Massage
- Monthly Meditation Classes
- Smoking cessation help
- Competitive Pay
- Weekly Pay
- Nice offices and nice co-workers!
- Capable and fair management team!
- You have to come to Procare to see the difference at Procare.
Job Type: Full-time & Part Time