|Job Title||EMT - Basic*|
|Location||Baltimore,MD*||*Position is based out of Baltimore, MD|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time, Per Diem|
|Pay Grade||$14-$20 per hour|
Join an innovative and thoughtful company who has been providing EMS services since 2005! We have office in Landover, Linthicum and Baltimore. Procare is the first and only private EMS company in the State of Maryland to be approved by MIEMSS to provide mobile integrated healthcare home responses since April, 2020, giving our clinicians an opportunity to care for our patients in the comfort of their own homes and helping to reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and readmissions! We are making a difference here at Procare! Procare Ambulance is seeking safe, professional, skilled, kind and caring EMTs and EMRs to service alongside a cohesive family of everyday heroes. Through our Work/Life Balance program we provide our employees with flexible scheduling, paid time off, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an anonymous compliance hotline, seated massage, meditation training, and a supportive working environment with a responsive management team. Procare is always updating our fleet and equipment, to provide our employees with the tools they need to succeed! Please apply and experience the Procare difference for yourself.
Main job responsibilities:
- Ambulance, equipment and supplies daily checkoff to ensure compliance and safety. Maintaining ambulance and equipment
- Working as a team to complete all transport requests safely and timely
- Complying at all times with Uniform Policy and always looking and acting professional
- EVOC certification or its equivalent for drivers of ALS units
- Ability to work overtime when needed and ability to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Knowledge of road safety and navigation in the areas we serve
- For EMTs, the ability to utilize Toughbook/E-PCR program to write Patient Care Reports thoroughly, truthfully and accurately in accordance with the law and company policies and procedures
- For EMTs, the completion of all patient care reports before end of shift
- For EMTs, an understanding of federal medical necessity for ambulance transportation guidelines
- Operating within certification level at all times
- Ability to safely lift 150 lbs. and move patients of all shapes and sizes
- Ability to navigate stretchers safely in unknown environments such as hospitals, facilities, nursing homes, doctor's offices and residences, including moving stretchers safely up and down ramps and over rough or uneven terrain
- Treat all patients equally, with professionalism, dignity and respect
Qualifications for EMT:
- Must be certified as a Maryland and/or District of Columbia Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) *the requirement for MD certification is waived during the state of emergency and we do accept out of state applicants!
- Current Valid CPR Card
- National Certification preferred
- Experience in providing care in an inter-facility transport environment preferred
- For drivers, valid Driving License with few to no points on your driving record
Benefits of the Emergency Medical Technician and Paramedic job:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee Assistance Program through BHS
- Compliance Hotline through RedFlag Reporting
- Gym Membership Reimbursement (conditions apply)
- Monthly Seated Massage
- Monthly Meditation Classes
- Smoking cessation help
- Competitive pay
- Weekly pay
- Nice offices and nice co-workers!
- Capable, responsive and fair management team!
- You have to come to Procare to see the difference!
Job Type: Full-time & Part Time Positions are available