|Job Title||EMT - Basic|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time, Per Diem|
|Pay Grade||$14-$20 per hour|
Procare Ambulance is a growing company, providing services in the Maryland and the District of Columbia. We are actively seeking EMR’s, EMT-Basic’s, and Paramedics for open field positions. We treat our employees great and are only looking for professional, skilled, kind and caring health care providers! We have positions in both Maryland and DC immediately available - there may be an office near you. We are also looking for skillful EMT-B's who are also excellent and safe drivers for immediately available ALS and BLS team shifts.
$14-$20 per hour for Qualified EMT-Basic based off of experience.
Responsibilities of the EMT-Basic:
- Ambulance daily checkoff of supplies and vehicle to ensure compliance and safety, cleaning and daily upkeep of unit
- Rendering patient care in a compassionate and safe manner and completion of all Patient Care Reports before end of shift
- Understanding of federal medical necessity for ambulance transportation guidelines
- Operating within certification level at all times
- Taking care of and responsible for all medical equipment and supplies check-in, check-out and use
- Complying with all contractual requirements of each contracted facility
- Ability to safely lift and move patients of all shapes and sizes, work with many different ethnic groups, and navigate stretchers safely in unknown environments such as hospitals, facilities, nursing homes, doctor's offices and residences, including moving stretchers safely up and down ramps and over rough or uneven terrain.
- Working as a team and sometimes with RNs and Critical Care Paramedics to complete all transport requests safely and timely
- Complying at all times with Uniform Policy and always looking and acting professional
- EVOC certification or its equivalent for drivers of ALS units
- Ability to work overtime when needed and ability to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Knowledge of road safety and navigation in the areas we serve
- Ability to utilize Toughbook / E-PCR program to write Patient Care Reports thoroughly, truthfully and accurately in accordance with the law and company policies and procedures
- Assistance with office when requested/complying with cleaning duties given.
Qualifications for EMT-Basic:
- Must be certified as a Maryland and / or District of Columbia Emergency Medical Responder, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic or will not be considered for hire.
- Current Valid CPR Card
- Providing care in an inter-facility transport environment
- Valid Driving License with few to no points on your driving record
Benefits of the Emergency Medical Technician:
- EAP program - free to employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Gym Membership Reimbursement (conditions apply)
- Monthly Seated Massage
- Smoking cessation help
- Competitive Pay
- Nice offices and nice co-workers!
- Capable and fair management team!
- You have to come to Procare to see the difference at Procare.
Job Type: Full-time & Part Time